Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Autumn Blow... 2007 Wrap-Up




I know I know... It is already winter all around the horizon, and we are already in 2008, so what the heck am I writing a post on autumn. Yep, am a slow poach in posting these days. But I think it is worth of me putting this post, coz someone back at home has been cranking all these while to see what I have been claiming as nature's humble beauty. It is nearly two months since I took this pics, (phew, now that I mentioned it, it really is late of me to put up this post.... hahah) and there are no more autumnal traces tingling on barren branches, So... take a break and rest your eyes looking at these views..







Autumn viewing wif my labmates and "sensei"s... A Walk to Remember!! huhu

Well, since this post has been staled ever since last year (tengokla tarikh huhu), i think that I might as well pull a wrap up on my life-journey of 2007... Most of which I un-realizingly spent in a place away from home sweet home. Definitely a lot of things have happened (duhh...) that opens me up to new views, while certain other occassions also altered a few of my perspectives.
From meeting new people, then attending a class which consist of 10 crazy characters that really made learning a fun experience, to making unexpected acquaintances in the middle of the night. fuh, Totally a blast!
Most of my early 4 months revolved around my Nihongo classmates. With all coming from different places around the globe, the joy of being around them seems endless. Everyone have their own character to spice up the class. Fashion artist, Cameron Diaz look-alike (testified by a Japanese hawker), tabe-houdai guy, play-dumb guy, McDreamy, McDuck, Funky gal, Kilimanjaro dream-queen, and hansamu na hito. There was no single day in class, as far as I could remember (who wants to remember dull moments...duhh), that was not crazy and exhilarating. Not to mention all the senseis with their interesting methods of pedagogy to keep our motivation high in learning Japanese, which to us was once nothing but mere symbols from outta space!



Later on, right after 'graduating' from Nihongo class, instantly I was hit by the real deal -- Research & Lab. hmm... "Lab Work + Japan = On my way to become a Walking Dead... or should I say, a working dead?? " These were the first impressions I etched deep in my brain about the working culture of Japan. But true as they say, you have to be in it to feel it. It was not dull even at the slightest. True, you surroundings tend to be smaller, confined and isolated. But what I experienced from being part of the system is that you have to let no excitement escape you, no matter how confined you are. After all, the lab is still populated. Even more, people around you share the same passion towards knowledge. And they can even surprise you with how funky they can be at times. hahaha! (duh..) a share of laughter would definitely change a mood.









Not to forget, my acquaintance with quite a massive number of Malaysians at least lessens the feeling of absence from Malaysia. Trivia to the Malaysian-Kyotoians for consistently making this supposedly quiet city livelier than ever!! Starting next year, quite a number of them would be back home, so maa.. kimi-tachi ga inaku naru to sabishiku narimasu ne...

But one of the most memorable moments this year would be the re-"emergence" of the long lost, long sought after kakak angkat.. huhu,talk bout how small the world is.. She's now pursuing another degree in Russia. Never lost the passion to become a medical practitioner I suppose.. but I wonder what will her future patients get more, medical treatment or medical advices (babble more likely perhaps, hehehe jgn mare...)
she was one of the starlets in our elocution and debate team back then, you see. Impressive, that should describe it all when she starts talking. Learned much from her too. I pray that she'll blossom into a prominent doctor (would like to have her as my personal doctor, but again, can I handle her babble if something goes wrong with my health....hehe)

Oh yeah, my first ever nephew!! hahaha... After all these years, ada jugak akhirnya si kecil untuk menceriakan suasana. Definitely a remedy of joy for his Granny. Tapi bila la pulak aku ni nak jumpa my nephew ni again and see him grow... urghh, this thought really makes me feel wanna pack my bags right away and fly back....

Hmm, what else.. too many happened this year, definitely hard for a forgetful brat like me to recall all right now... hahaha (Scattered brain was my middle name, according to my teacher)

So 2007, a year full of unexpected events, would be my conclusion.. Hoping for a better and exciting year up ahead..

10 comments:

Illi Puad said...

waaaaahhhhhhh.....bro firdaus sudah kembali....kui3..^_^..dahsyat tu,bubuh post baru trus tuka background...agak lama tak buka blog ni since intenet xde..nyway, nice color...

ni bape lama lg nk kene tunggu kuar post utk 2008? hehe..byk lagi ke post2 yg blom diperkenankan oleh DYMM Agung utk dipublish??? ;p peace!!

Anonymous said...

alo..kutuk org ek? kuat bebel ek..thank god dat pic is not dat clear..haha!!

Firdaus Wahab said...

alamak... kantoi dgn kak shaz daaa... hehehe... mmg cannot hide anythg from u aye?? huhuhu..

illi:: haaa, dipersembahkan penampilan terbaru..setelah berzaman 'stale' tanpa khabar...hehehe

Happy reading again!! hopefully this time around, xbersarang lama sangat aa..hehehe

Anonymous said...

illi,senpai terpakse renovate rumah die nih sebab dah lame sangat tinggal...
haha...

nice pics...momiji gari pun kyoto paling cantik ke?aargh..haha
kyoto de hanami ni mireba yokatta desu nee...-_-.

Firdaus Wahab said...

hehehe kene la halau lipas2 etc dulu, upgrade, baru leh proceed for another attempt to continuously writing..motivation ni..hehehe

mochiron!! Kyoto is always hailed top-ranked when it comes to Nature's beauty!! hehehe
Douzo, mi ni itte kudasai.. Jgn lupe bwk prescriptions..hehehe

missy said...

Slm. This is just a comment by random passer-by. I have always wish I have the chance to experience Japan (by experience i dont just mean visiting). sure sronok dpt study kt sane.Anyway, there's always a reason (if not reasons) for where, or even who, we are rite now :) kan? Wish you all d best.

Firdaus Wahab said...

Salam perkenalan Missy, Welcome to my humble, not-always-updated, lame blog. Well, gotta agree with you on the experience thingy. There are bundles of new experiences to explore here in Japan, much more if they can communicate comfortably with you. But there are things much better back at home then here. Excitement here comes with a price, that we have to strive to gain for it.
Definitely there are more than a reason for one to be who,where or even when they are. Every piece of soul has a role to play that interconnects each other for our own benefit. Someday, your turn will come to experience things people rarely get a chance to grab on. Maybe then, I'll be the one craving for such opportunity, who knows. Just gotta believe and work it out positively! Let the world experience you! Thanks for the wish, Same to you!!

missy said...

Slm perkenalan juga.Let me guess..things like food? I think that’s one of the favourite answers when it comes to things you missed the most when you’re away.. and on top of the whole loads of courseworks, meetings and lectures, you can somehow find time following the home-grown drama series, cerekarama, PRU 12 etc. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Home is just where the heart is…and to be honest, I find it some what interesting of thinking how some people are more engaged and appreciating things they usually take for granted when they are at home. And maybe that’s the whole point of us being where we are right now. So we can learn to appreciate. Everything. Anyway, looking forward your next entries. Meanwhile, strive! experience!slm-

Anonymous said...

salam..bro, plz update ur blog ok..at least ada chance la for me to comment on it..(it's almost end of April 2008..in case ur still sleeping;p)

Anonymous said...

Salam..bro! Penantian satu penyeksaan..huhu. Lama betul blog ni ditinggalkan kesepian tanpa penghuninya.. Cuma sesekali pengunjung2 yang masih setia & mengenali siapa Ismihuahadafi yang singgah di sini.

Semoga terus sukses!!

Saikin Comments